miércoles, 29 de agosto de 2007

I told him my dog wouldn't run (Holly Cole y llanto esparcido por el sillón...)


I told him my dog wouldn’t run
I told him I loved someone
That’s my old car
Out in the parking lot
I saw him when he first walked in
I thought it was a vision of him
He was looking like, like where he had been
He was looking kind of fragile
He said I read the Bible everyday
To try to keep the demons at bay
Thank God when the sun goes down
I don’t blow away
My friend said, was he always like that?
Well I said, yeah, but he was never this bad
Well I remember us playing for nickels and dimes
Out on the corner
Yeah I asked him to marry me once
Well he told me he couldn’t because
He said this would be all that there was
He said I read the Bible everyday
To try to keep the demons at bay
Thank God when the sun goes downI don’t blow away
I was laughing but I didn’t get the joke
He was dying to light up a smoke
And I wanted to cry in the fluorescent light
Of the restaurant
So I sniled as I got up to go
I was hoping for a goodbye to hold
Well it was kind of like, kinda like touching a ghost
So i ran when I walked out
He said I read the Bible everyday
To try to keep the demons at bay
Thank God when the sun goes down
I don’t blow away


Y, parafraseando al vocero de Fox... lo que Holly Cole quiso decir fue:


Le dije que mi perro no corría
le dije que amaba a alguien
ese es mi viejo carro afuera en el estacionamiento
Lo vi cuando entró por primera vez
pensé que era una visión de él
él miraba como, como donde él había estado
él se miraba muy frágil
él dijoyo leo la Biblia todos los días
para intentar mantener los demonios a la deriva
agradezco a Dios cuando el sol se pone
No me dejo llevar
nadie me sabe decir exactamente qué es
mi amiga dijo, él era siempre de esa manera?
Bueno, dije, sí, pero nunca fue tan malo
nos recuerdo jugar con monedas
afuera en la esquina
Una vez le pedí que nos casáramos
él me dijo que no era posible porque
eso sería todo lo que habría
yo sonreí sin entender el chiste
él moría por encender un cigarrillo
y yo quería llorar en la luz fluorescente del restaurante
Así es que sonreí mientras "ya me tengo que ir"
Esperaba que un adiós me detuviera
Fue algo así como, como tocar a un fantasma...

No hay comentarios: